Error Code 0xa00f4244- What is It?
Error code 0xa00f4244 is a technical glitch in the Windows 10 operating system that can stop users from using their computers’ web cameras. This guide will show you how to fix it with a few step by step solutions.
This issue typically occurs in the native camera app of the operating system. This happens when the OS cannot find the web camera of your computer.
If you cannot use the web camera on Windows 10 computer, you have landed on the right website.
Let’s troubleshoot this problem.
Easy Ways to Fix Error Code 0xa00f4244
There are several methods to fix the not working camera app in Windows 10 operating system. Here are some of the fixes:
1. Rebooting the Computer
If you are suddenly facing this issue, you should try restarting your computer and see if that resolves the problem. Sometimes when there are temporary software or hardware glitches, they can be fixed by a simple restart.
Shutdown the computer and hold on for 5 minutes. After that, you can turn on the computer and check if you can use the camera. If you can still not fix error code 0xa00f4244, keep reading, and we will show you other ways to make this happen.
2. Checking Device Drivers
Many users have fixed this problem by checking and repairing the faulty drivers on their computers. You should also do the same. Here is how to check your computer drivers:
- Press the Start menu key on the keyboard.
- When the start menu appears, search for device manager.
- Please select the best matching result to open it.
- Find the option that says imaging devices.
- Expand it to see the drivers of your computer web camera.
- Perform a right-click on your web camera device.
- From the dropdown, please select update driver.
- Follow the on-screen steps to complete the process.
When you have successfully updated the drive, restart your computer and see if you have successfully solved the error code.
3. Use Store App Troubleshooter to Fix Error 0xa00f4244
Your Windows 10 comes with several built-in troubleshooters that can help you fix the computer’s underlying issues.
Obey the given instructions to use your Windows 10 store app troubleshooter to fix this problem:
- Open the settings on your computer.
- Inside the settings, choose the update and security tile.
- From the left-side menu, select troubleshoot.
- Now in the troubleshooting settings, scroll downwards and locate the option that says Windows Store apps.
- Click on the Run the troubleshooter to start the process.
- Follow the on-screen instructions and wait for it to complete.
- On completion, restart your computer and see if you can use the camera app.
4. Uninstalling Camera Drivers
If your camera drivers are corrupted, incompatible, and outdated, you will have to uninstall them from your computer to fix ongoing issues. Millions of users worldwide who were facing the same error 0xa00f4244 have resolved it using this method. You may also find the given instructions helpful in fixing this problem:
- First and foremost, open the device manager on your computer using administrator privileges.
- After that, look for the camera drivers, and once you find them, right-click on them and press the uninstall icon.
- Using the on-screen instructions, remove it completely.
- Once the uninstallation completes, restart your PC and wait for the new drivers to get installed automatically.
We hope you have resolved the error code 0xa00f4244 effectively using this guide. Thank you for coming here and staying here.